The Wealth Blog Podcast
How to Get a Free PAN Card in 10 Min? a Step by Step Guide| Instant PAN Card (2020)
Are you tired of old long-form to get a Pan Card? today I am going to guide you step by step to get a new and free Pan Card from the Income Tax India website in just 10 minutes.
Yes, you read it right, just 10 minutes and that too for free.
Say goodbye to old long forms and sending physical documents to the Pan Card office.
This is a paperless process and you do not need to submit or upload any documents.
The Pan Card you will get from this method will be in pdf format (no physical card). You can order a physical pan card after getting your E-Pan card.
The finance minister Nirmala Sitharamanji introduced a new facility in budget 2020 where you can get an instant permanent account number (PAN) through your Aadhaar without submitting a detailed application form.
The facility was introduced to ease the process of allotment of Pan Card to individuals.
So let’s get your instant free pan card…
How to Get Instant Free PAN Card through Aadhaar From IncomeTax India Website?
- You should have a valid Aadhaar that is not linked to any other Pan.
- You should have your mobile number registered with Aadhaar.
- You should not have another Pan. Possession of more than one pan will result in a penalty under section 272b(1) of the income-tax act.
How to Apply for Instant PAN
1) To apply for free Pan card from income tax India, please visit the e-filing website of the income-tax department (https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in)
2) Click the Link- ‘Instant PAN through Aadhaar’.
3) Click the Link- ‘Get New PAN‘.
4) Fill in Your Aadhaar details, Enter the CAPTCHA and Confirm.
5) After submission, an acknowledgement number will be generated. Please keep this acknowledgement number for future reference.
6) On successful completion, a message will be sent to your registered mobile number and e-mail ID (if registered in UIDAI & authenticated by OTP). This message specifies the acknowledgement number.
How to Check Status/Download Instant PAN
1) To download your free Pan Card from income tax india, please go to the e-filing website of the income-tax department. (https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in)
2) Click the Link- ‘Instant PAN through Aadhaar‘.
3) Click the Link- ‘Check Status/Download PAN’.
4) Submit the Aadhaar number in the space provided, then submit the OTP sent to the Aadhaar registered mobile number.
5) Check the status of application- whether PAN Is allotted or not.
6) If Pan is allotted, click on the download link to get a copy of the E-Pan pdf.
7) If Pan allotment was successful, a pdf link will be generated within 10 minutes to download your E-Pan.
Note: The PDF file containing your E-PAN is password protected. Use your Date of Birth in the format ‘DDMMYYYY’ as the password to open the pdf file. For Example, if your birthdate is 2 May 1989 then your password will be 02051989.
A sample of Free PAN Card From Income Tax India PDF file looks like this:
How to Get a Physical PAN Card
If you need to get a physical copy of your Pan Card, you can do that by ordering a reprint of your free E-Pan card. You have to pay ₹50 to get a physical pan card.
1) To get a physical Pan, Please Go to the NSDL Website. (https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/ReprintEPan.html)
2) Enter your Pan Number, Aadhaar Number and Date of Birth. Enter the CAPTCHA and submit.
3) Confirm your details and select an option to receive OTP then click generate OTP.
4) Enter the OTP received. Click validate.
5) Select your preferred payment method.
6) Complete the payment.
Voila, you will receive your Pan Card in 7-15 days at your registered address.
PAN Card Toll Free Customer Care Number
If you have any query regarding getting a free Pan Card from the income tax department, you can contact the authorities on the number given below.
+91-20-27218080 (07:00 Hrs – 23:00 Hrs – All Days)
Getting Pan Card is so easy now and that too for free.
If you need any help regarding getting a pan card, feel free to get in touch in the comments below. I will be more than happy to help.